This Website is designed for general educational and information purposes only and does not render medical advice, unless otherwise indicated. The information provided through this Website should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or illness. It is not a substitute for professional health care, and is designed to support – not replace – the relationship you have with your health care provider. If you have or suspect you may have a health problem, you should consult your health care provider. AnswerAddiction.com does not provide medical advice or offer medical, psychiatric, or professional opinions online. The articles on this Website are meant to discuss issues of a general nature regarding issues of interest. While we will monitor content as time allows, we are not responsible for the opinions, advice, recommendations, advertising or suggestions of any writer of these articles. Anyone who has a medical problem should contact a physician. Anyone with a serious addiction problem should get medical or therapeutic help. Anyone who feels at risk for suicide should call 911 immediately. The function of this Website is to provide information regarding certain treatment facilities, and post relevant articles which we think might be helpful to those seeking treatment. Reliance upon any information found on the Websites, any of our licensors, or any affiliates, rests in the user at the user’s own risk. The Website may contain information that you may find explicit or otherwise offensive, erroneous or otherwise inaccurate or outdated. The Website, AnswerAddiction.com, our affiliates and licensors are not responsible for such content. You are responsible for complying with applicable laws of the region/country of residence.
1. LICENSE GRANT. This Agreement provides You with a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and non-sublicenseable license to use the Website solely for your personal use or your internal business purposes.
2. LICENSE RESTRICTIONS. The foregoing license is limited. You therefore may not (i) use, copy, store, reproduce, transmit, distribute, display, rent, lease, sell, modify, alter, license, sublicense, or commercially exploit the Website (or any part thereof) in any manner not expressly permitted by this Agreement, (ii) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, translate, or create any derivative work of the Website (or any part thereof); (iii) access, link to, or use any source code from the Website (or any part thereof); or (iv) erase or remove any proprietary or intellectual property notice contained in or on the Website (or any part thereof). In addition, You acknowledge and agree that exceeding the scope of the license herein shall be a material breach of this Agreement and subject to the termination provisions set forth herein.
3. USER OBLIGATIONS. Subject to AnswerAddiction.com’s right to monitor or audit compliance, You acknowledge and agree that it is solely your responsibility to maintain your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. By accessing or using the Website, You also agree to be responsible for and to abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, regulations, rules, and guidelines with respect to your use of the Website. In addition, You agree to assume all responsibility for your use, and the results of your use, of the Website, including meeting any requirements of your contracts with third parties or other persons.
5. LINKS TO OTHER SITES. AnswerAddiction.com may provide links, in its sole discretion, to other sites from which You can access information and/or purchase services from third parties, including but not limited to rehabilitation centers. AnswerAddiction.com is not a seller or owner of any goods or services advertised, featured, or otherwise mentioned on these sites. These sites and services have not necessarily been reviewed by AnswerAddiction.com and are maintained by third parties over which AnswerAddiction.com exercises no control. Accordingly, AnswerAddiction.com expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, the materials, the accuracy of the information, and/or the quality of the products or services provided by, available through, or advertised on these third-party websites. Moreover, these links do not imply an endorsement with respect to any third party or any website or the products or services provided by any third party. In addition, some of the third parties whose websites are featured on AnswerAddiction.com’s Website have paid for their Websites to be prominently displayed on AnswerAddiction.com’s Website. The prominence of a third party site does not constitute an endorsement by AnswerAddiction.com or a referral by AnswerAddiction.com to the facility promoted on the third party site. Your transactions and other dealings with third party merchants or advertisers that are found on or through the Website, including payment and delivery of goods or services, are solely between You and such merchant or advertiser.
6. THIRD PARTY SERVICES. AnswerAddiction.com has entered into contractual relationships with certain vendors, sponsors, and advertisers of products or services (“Vendors”), pursuant to which AnswerAddiction.com may link to or display text, data, photos, graphics and/or video (“Information”), advertisements, discounts, products, goods, or services offered by the third parties. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Vendor-provided Information or services. AnswerAddiction.com does not guarantee the availability or accuracy of Vendor Information or offers and makes no representations or warranties as to the security or performance of any Vendor Information, offers, or services. Your use of Vendor services is subject to the terms and conditions for each such service. AnswerAddiction.com expressly disclaims responsibility and liability for all Vendor-provided materials, programs, products, services or sites made available through the Website, and You agree that AnswerAddiction.com shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any such Vendor-provided materials, programs, products, services or sites. AnswerAddiction.com shall not be held liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused by your use of: (a) any external site linked to the Website, (b) Vendor Information, or (c) Vendor products or services.
7. FEEDBACK. AnswerAddiction.com welcomes your feedback and suggestions about AnswerAddiction.com’s services or with respect to how to improve the Website. But, by transmitting any feedback or suggestions and any related information, material, or other content (collectively, “feedback”) to AnswerAddiction.com, You represent and warrant that such feedback does not infringe or violate the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party (including, without limitation, patents, copyrights, or trademark rights) and that You have all rights necessary to convey such feedback to AnswerAddiction.com. In addition, any feedback received by AnswerAddiction.com will be deemed to include from You a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, non-exclusive right and license for AnswerAddiction.com to adopt, publish, reproduce, disseminate, transmit, distribute, copy, use, create derivative works, and display (in whole or in part) worldwide, or act on such feedback without additional approval or consideration, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such information, material, or content, and You hereby waive any claim to the contrary.
8. USER GENERATED CONTENT. Our Website may provide an opportunity (each, a “User Content Area”) for participants to express comments and opinions about recovery and treatment and/or upload to the Website user-generated content such as, without limitation, review of treatment facilities (collectively, “User Content”). To the extent the Website contains any such User Content Area, You hereby agree that You will not upload, post, display, or transmit any of the following in any User Consent Area:
User Content that violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including any statements which may defame, harass, stalk or threaten others;
User Content that is offensive to the online community, including, without limitation, expressions of obscenity, bigotry, racism, abusiveness, vulgarity or profanity;
User Content that violates any law or engages in any activity that would constitute any criminal offense or give rise to any civil liability;
User Content in which you impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, any employee of AnswerAddiction.com or any treatment center, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
User Content that interferes with any other user’s right to privacy;
User Content, software or other materials which contain a virus or other harmful or disruptive component;
Unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam” or any other form of solicitation;
User Content that violates some other contractual or fiduciary rights, duties, or agreements by which you are bound; or
User Content protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, rights of publicity or other proprietary right of any third party (collectively, “Third Party Rights”) without the prior express written permission of the applicable right holder. The burden of determining that all User Content is not subject to any Third Party Rights rests exclusively with You under all circumstances. Accordingly, You shall be solely liable for any damage or costs resulting from any User Content that actually or allegedly infringes any Third Party Rights. Any person determined by AnswerAddiction.com in its sole discretion to have violated any Third Party Rights may be barred from submitting or posting any further User Content;
With respect to Reviews, Users may make only a single post (review) and may not make alternate accounts to duplicate or “respond to” posts.
You represent and warrant that, with respect to any User Content You submit to the Website, the User Content is factually accurate and/or represents Your honest opinions and beliefs. You agree that AnswerAddiction.com has not and will not compensate You for your User Content. You represent and warrant there is no connection, association, or affiliation between You and AnswerAddiction.com or any treatment center or other third party referenced in your User Content.
AnswerAddiction.com hereby reserves the right to edit, modify and/or remove any User Content posted, submitted, and/or uploaded on the Site in its sole discretion. You hereby agree that the foregoing restrictions set forth in this Section 8 shall also apply to your use of any content generated through the Website on any social media page. Moreover, you hereby agree that you are solely responsible for any liability arising from or related to your use of any User Content Area and/or your use of any User Content or other content generated through the Website.
User Content does not reflect the opinion of the staff at AnswerAddiction.com, its executives, or its shareholders, and are not endorsed by AnswerAddiction.com. While we make efforts to review and moderate the forum in order to remove objectionable material, we do not purport to be able to remove all objectionable content in a timely manner, if ever.
9. LICENSE TO USE USER CONTENT.
User Content Generally. Certain features of the Service may permit users to post content, including messages, reviews, photos, video, images, folders, data, text, and other types of works (collectively, “User Content”) and to publish User Content on the Service. You retain copyright and any other proprietary rights that you may hold in the User Content that you post to the Service.
Limited License Grant to AnswerAddiction.com. By posting or publishing User Content, you grant AnswerAddiction.com a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free right and license (with the right to sublicense) to host, store, transfer, display, perform, reproduce, modify, and distribute your User Content, in whole or in part, in any media formats and through any media channels (now known or hereafter developed). Any such use of your User Content by AnswerAddiction.com may be without any compensation paid to you.
User Content Representations and Warranties. You are solely responsible for your User Content and the consequences of posting or publishing User Content. By posting and publishing User Content, you affirm, represent, and warrant that:
you are the creator and owner of, or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and to authorize AnswerAddiction.com and users of the Service to use and distribute your User Content as necessary to exercise the licenses granted by you in this Section 5 and in the manner contemplated by AnswerAddiction.com and these Terms; and
your User Content, and the use thereof as contemplated herein, does not and will not: (i) infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; or (ii) slander, defame, or libel any third-party.
User Content Disclaimer. We are under no obligation to edit or control User Content that you or other users post or publish, and will not be in any way responsible or liable for User Content. AnswerAddiction.com may, however, at any time and without prior notice, screen, remove, edit, or block any User Content that in our sole judgment violates these Terms or is otherwise objectionable. You understand that when using the Service you will be exposed to User Content from a variety of sources and acknowledge that User Content may be inaccurate, offensive, indecent or objectionable. You agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against AnswerAddiction.com with respect to User Content. We expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with User Content. If notified by a user or content owner that User Content allegedly does not conform to these Terms, we may investigate the allegation and determine in our sole discretion whether to remove the User Content, which we reserve the right to do at any time and without notice. For clarity, AnswerAddiction.com does not permit copyright-infringing activities on the Service.
User Comments. By posting a comment anywhere on our site, you understand that your post can be viewed and used by anyone accessing the site. You will not have the ability to remove/edit comments, however, you may request a removal by emailing us at [email protected]. We do not, however, guarantee the removal of comments. If you are posting non-personal experience or general knowledge health/medical information, you agree to provide the source of said information within your post. This includes statistics, data, studies, and new advancement in medicine, and the source should be trustworthy. User comments are moderated by AnswerAddiction.com staff.Unless specified, moderators are not medical professionals. Comments are moderated regularly (at least once a week).
10. Digital Millennium Copyright Act
DMCA Notification. We comply with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act applicable to internet service providers (17 U.S.C. §512, as amended). If you have any complaints with respect to material posted on the Service, you may contact our Designated Agent at the following address:
f. a statement by you that the above information in your notice is accurate and that, under penalty of perjury, you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
Repeat Infringers. AnswerAddiction.com will promptly terminate without notice the accounts of users that are determined by AnswerAddiction.com to be “repeat infringers.” A repeat infringer is a user who has been notified of infringing activity more than twice and/or has had User Content removed from the Service more than twice.
11. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES. You represent and warrant to AnswerAddiction.com that (i) You are at least the legal age of majority in your state of residence, (ii) You are authorized to enter into this Agreement, (iii) You will access and view the Website and the Materials for your personal, non-commercial use only; (iv) You will not use the Website or the Materials for any purpose or in any manner that violates any law or regulation or that infringes the rights of AnswerAddiction.com or any third party; (v) any information or data provided to AnswerAddiction.com by You will not violate any law or regulation or infringe the rights of AnswerAddiction.com or any third party; (vi) all information that You provide to us in connection with the Website (e.g., name, e-mail address, and/or other information) is true and accurate; and (vii) You are authorized and able to fulfill and perform the obligations and meet the conditions of a user as specified herein.
12. WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS. THE WEBSITE AND MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS.” AnswerAddiction.com DOES NOT WARRANT, GUARANTEE, OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE, OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE, OF THE WEBSITE OR MATERIALS IN TERMS OF AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, CURRENTNESS, COMPLETENESS, FUNCTIONALITY, INTENDED PURPOSE, OR OTHERWISE. AnswerAddiction.com DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE OR MATERIALS WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE, UNINTERRUPTED, OR IN A MANNER THAT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE WEBSITE IS WITH YOU. AnswerAddiction.com HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. AnswerAddiction.com shall have no responsibility to provide You access to the Website. You acknowledge and agree that AnswerAddiction.com shall not be liable or responsible for any claim, damage, or loss resulting, directly or indirectly, from a cause beyond AnswerAddiction.com’s control, including, but not limited to, offers or promotions made available on the Website, failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other connection problems, computer viruses, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes, or natural disasters, strikes or other labor problems, wars, governmental restrictions, or any claim, damage, or loss arising out of transactions or interactions between You, third party merchants or anyone else. You specifically acknowledge that AnswerAddiction.com shall not be liable for defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with You. MOREOVER, YOU AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL AnswerAddiction.com BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR LOST PROFITS, FOR LOST DATA, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF AnswerAddiction.com HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, TOTAL LIABILITY OF AnswerAddiction.com FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER RELATED TO USE OF THE WEBSITE, RESULTS FROM USE OF THE WEBSITE, OR FOR ANY CLAIMS RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00 USD), AS LIQUIDATED DAMAGES AND NOT AS A PENALTY EVEN IF AnswerAddiction.com HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS LIABILITY, IF ANY, SHALL BE COMPLETE AND EXCLUSIVE.
15. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT POLICY AND TAKE DOWN PROCEDURES. If You have a good faith belief that Your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, you can submit a Notice of Claimed Infringement (NOCI) to AnswerAddiction.com by providing the following information:
A physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest that is allegedly infringed;
Identification or description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed. If you are asserting infringement of an intellectual property right other than copyright, please specify the intellectual property right at issue (for example, trademark or patent);
Identification or description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website, with enough detail that AnswerAddiction.com may find it on the Website;
Your address, telephone number, and email address;
A statement by You that You have a good faith belief that the use of the material complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf;
Our agent designated to receive claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement may be contacted as follows:
16. No Class Actions. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, WE EACH WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO PURSUE DISPUTES ON A CONSOLIDATED OR CLASSWIDE BASIS; THAT IS, TO EITHER JOIN A CLAIM WITH THE CLAIM OF ANY OTHER PERSION OR ENTITY, OR ASSERT A CLAIM IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF ANYONE ELSE IN ANY LAWSUIT, ARBITRATION, OR OTHER PROCEEDING. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT BY AGREEING TO THIS CLASS ACTION WAIVER, YOU MAY ONLY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST AnswerAddiction.com IN AN INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.
17. GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement has been made in and will be construed and enforced solely in accordance with the laws of the CA, U.S.A., as applied to agreements entered into and completely performed in the CA. Any claim You might have against AnswerAddiction.com must be brought within two (2) years after the cause of action arises, or such claim or cause of action is barred. In addition, You agree to waive any right to a jury trial in connection with any action or litigation in any way arising out of or related to this Agreement and that each party has the right to seek attorneys’ fees in any proceeding. You also acknowledge and agree that any applicable state law implementation of the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act (including any available remedies or laws) shall not apply to this Agreement and is hereby disclaimed. A printed version of this Agreement and of any related notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent as other documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. Please contact AnswerAddiction.com by emailing us at [email protected] if You wish to receive a printed copy of this Agreement.
18. ENFORCEMENT. AnswerAddiction.com wishes to maintain the Website as a helpful resource for all of its users. As it relates to AnswerAddiction.com, You therefore have no reasonable expectation of privacy while using the Website because AnswerAddiction.com reserves the right to view, monitor, and/or record activity on the Website (in accordance with applicable law) and to comply with government or court appointed authorities when necessary. Actual or attempted unauthorized use of the Website may also result in criminal and/or civil prosecution, including, without limitation, punishment under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 under U.S. federal law. You shall therefore not, nor shall You permit any third party to, disable, circumvent, or otherwise avoid any security device, mechanism, protocol, or procedure established by AnswerAddiction.com for use of or with the Website. Moreover, You also acknowledge that any breach, threatened or actual, of this Agreement by You may cause irreparable injury to AnswerAddiction.com and/or its licensors, such injury would not be quantifiable in monetary damages, and AnswerAddiction.com and/or its licensors would not have an adequate remedy at law. You therefore agree that AnswerAddiction.com and/or its licensors (or on their behalf) shall be entitled, in addition to other available remedies, to seek and be awarded an injunction or other appropriate equitable relief from a court of competent jurisdiction restraining any breach, threatened or actual, of your obligations under any provision of this Agreement. Accordingly, You hereby waive any requirement that AnswerAddiction.com or its licensors post any bond or other security in the event any injunctive or equitable relief is sought by or awarded to AnswerAddiction.com to enforce any provision of this Agreement.
20. TERMINATION. AnswerAddiction.com also reserves the right at any time and on reasonable grounds, which shall include, without limitation, any reasonable belief of fraud, illegal activity, or actions or omissions that violate any term or condition of this Agreement, to terminate this Agreement with You (including any registered account) in order to protect its name, business, or goodwill and/or any other user. You acknowledge and agree that AnswerAddiction.com shall have the sole right to determine in its reasonable discretion whether You are engaging in any unauthorized activity and/or violating any term or conditions of this Agreement. AnswerAddiction.com shall also not be responsible or liable for any damages or loss as a result of any termination of this Agreement in accordance with this section. You may also terminate at any time by ceasing to use the Website. But, all applicable provisions of this Agreement will survive termination, as outlined below. Any licenses from AnswerAddiction.com and any right to use the Website shall immediately cease upon termination of this Agreement. The provisions concerning feedback, AnswerAddiction.com’s ownership rights, representations and warranties, warranty disclaimer, limitation of liability, governing law, enforcement, termination, and the miscellaneous terms will survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement for any reason.
By submitting your article(s) to Answer Addiction:
You declare that you are the sole owner and author of the article and own 100% of all copyrights pertaining to it.
You declare that the article is unique and will be exclusive to Answer Addiction and has not been published elsewhere on the internet.
Your submission to Answer Addiction gives unconditional permission for us to publish your article on the website, distributed to our RSS feed, our email list via HTML newsletter, in other websites and print publications. We ask publisher(s) to follow reprint rules, but you acknowledge that the enforcement of our terms of service for publishers is at your risk and cost and not ours. In other words, if someone violates your copyright – it will be 100% up to you to take legal action against those who abuse your copyright to protect your interests. If you do not agree to these terms, do not submit your articles.
We might request revisions. Please read our editorial guidelines before submitting articles to save time and speed the article approval process. If your article does not conform to the editorial guidelines, we may edit, revise, or recommend revision before publication.
There are no guarantees made that article(s) will be published. We reserve the right to remove article(s) at any time for any reason.
You acknowledge that we do not pay for article submissions and we do not require publishers to pay for their use of articles. The primary reason for submitting your article to Answer Addiction is for the chance to be viewed by our target audience or picked to be reprinted by publishers to their respective audiences.
Answer Addiction is advertiser supported. We reserve the right to publish ads on the same pages as your articles.
SPECIAL NOTE: Answer Addiction reserves the right to modify these terms & conditions at any time without prior notice and will advise you of changes immediately.
Submit articles using the following template:
SUMMARY – 2-5 sentences up to 200 words
BODY – 250-5,000 words
RESOURCE BOX – 2-5 sentences. Use this space to pitch yourself. You may include two links to two different social media URLs where readers can learn more about you and your work. You may also include your first and last name as the author of the article. We do allow “First name – Last initial” or “First initial – Last Name”. You are allowed to have alternate author names (such as a pen-name or if you are an author’s assistant or manage articles for multiple different authors). You may include your title after your author name (Dr., MD, DDS, PhD, LSW, etc.)
Your article should be single spaced, use appropriate paragraph breaks, and correct formatting for bulleted or numbered lists.
Please place copyright information and reprint rights statement (if applicable) at the bottom of your article. If you put it at the top of your article, we will move it to the bottom of the article body.
To be qualified for publication, your article:
MUST BE AN ORIGINAL ARTICLE THAT YOU WROTE. Articles must be a minimum of 250 words and no more than 5,000 words. Ideal article size is 400-750 words.
MUST BE exclusive. In other words, articles must not be published elsewhere on the internet. We reject all non-exclusive articles.
MUST BE informative and share your expertise. Include tips, strategies, techniques, case-studies, analysis, opinions and commentary in your articles. We ask that you provide references such as dates, bibliography or link information to any health/medical claim when it is not personal experience. We additionally ask that you submit only information that is true and correct in light of your knowledge.
MUST HAVE a 2-5 sentence article summary and not exceed 200 words. The purpose of the summary is to give an abstract or synopsis of the benefits that your article delivers. If you don’t know what to put in your summary, just use the first paragraph of your article.
MUST DELIVER on what is promised in the title. Please do not include teaser links or phrases that require a reader to click away from the article or reference another source in order to receive the full benefit of what has been promised.
MUST HAVE proper English, spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization and sentence structure.
MUST NOT be an article you copied from the public domain or bought. We do not accept articles that contain more than 10 lines of quoted or sourced material.
MUST NOT be a press release, advertisement, sales letter, promotional copy, or blatant and excessive self-promotion or hype. Articles should not contain: pornography/adult material, hate or violence-oriented content, suggest racial intolerance, advocate against any individual or group, have insulting, obscene, or degrading tone, or profanity.
MUST NOT contain any content that is a violation of any law, be considered defamatory, libelous, or infringes on the legal rights of others.
If you wish to publish or reprint any article(s) from Answer Addiction in an ezine, website, blog, forum, RSS feed or print publication, you must:
Publish the entire article as it is with no changes to the title or content of the article in any way. Further, you agree to not add any active links to any article you reprint.
Agree to include the article source credit below each article reprinted with the active link:
Article Source: AnswerAddiction.com
Agree to include the FULL resource box at the end of the article.
Agree to make all links active with no syntax changes.
Agree to limit the number of articles reprinted to no greater than taking 25 articles from our site per calendar year per unique domain that you own. In addition, for domain owners of many domains, you may not reprint more than 250 articles per year (10 sites x 25 articles reprinted per domain).
Agree to follow the principles outlined in our advertising policy when reprinting or publishing articles from Answer Addiction.
Acknowledge that Answer Addiction has the sole right to revoke these reprint rights at any given time for any reason provided you’re given 48 hours written notice via email or via fax or via telephone or via postal mail. If you’re unreachable, you also agree that we may contact your web hosting provider to reach you and serve this notice. Upon receiving notice from us, you will have 24 hours to immediately remove every article you received from Answer Addiction and must provide us with a written reply indicating that you have complied with our request in order to mitigate further action against you and your business to enforce this covenant.
Sell any article from the Answer Addiction article directory.
Charge others to view any article you reprint from Answer Addiction.
Use automated script/software or method that attempts to mine article content on Answer Addiction (article crawlers, rogue bots, site scrapers, etc.). If this occurs, you acknowledge that we may block your access to our site and/or membership.
Create derivative works from any of content on Answer Addiction. Specifically, publishers may not use any content from Answer Addiction in audio or video derivatives whatsoever or translate any content from the site in any language.
Publish any articles found at Answer Addiction to any website that also contains unlawful activities such as warez, illegal mp3 or other file downloads, instructions on how to make bombs or steal, or expressions that promote hatred or profanity or racism or bigotry, or contains pornography or exploits children or animals or any human.
Include the rel=nofollow tag in your HREF statements.
Furthermore, publishers agree that:
Your use of anything connected to Answer Addiction, our newsletter, our RSS feed or our website is completely at your own risk.
While Answer Addiction does not generally own the copyright to the articles found within our site, we do have permission for publishing them. No additional permission is required from the author of any article within our directory as long as you agree to every term listed above.
If you violate any of the above terms of service and/or any author copyright when reprinting articles from our site, you agree to be held liable for all attorney fees and statutory damages awarded upon a copyright infringement lawsuit that may be brought against you. Please read Section 504(c)(2). You agree that any legal proceedings against you will occur in Lancaster County in the State of Pennsylvania, USA.
You are not required to reprint advertising found on our site when you reprint any article, but you must respect the 25 reprint limit per year per site, up to 10 sites.
It is common courtesy to let an author know directly when you reprint an article. You may find author emails or website addresses in the resource box at the end of each article.
SPECIAL NOTE: Answer Addiction reserves the right to modify these terms & conditions at any time without prior notice and will advise you of changes immediately via this web page.
The editorial content on Answer Addiction is not influenced by any funding sources, including advertisements. Advertisements on this site are distinguished by “Ad”.
Who Is Subject?
All advertising on Answer Addiction including strategic partner sites linking directly from Answer Addiction, licensed to use any Answer Addiction brand, or licensed to use Answer Addiction content, is subject to this policy. Links from advertisements are subject to the same criteria. Advertisements may not link to pictures or text which do not follow these criteria or is deemed inappropriate by Answer Addiction.
In general, Answer Addiction does not accept advertising that we know either contains false or misleading claims or promotes ineffective or dangerous products. Answer Addiction also does not accept advertising for alcohol, tobacco, firearms or pornography. Furthermore, advertisements MUST NOT contain the following themes either in graphics or text:
Illegal – pictures or text advocating materials or activities of a dubious nature which may be illegal in any or all jurisdictions, such as illegal business schemes, chain letters, copyright infringement, computer hacking, phreaking (using someone’s phone lines without permission) and software piracy.
Drugs or drug culture – pictures or text advocating the illegal use of drugs or substances used for other than their primary purpose to alter the individual’s state of mind (ex.glue sniffing).
Gambling – text advocating gambling relating to casinos, betting, numbers games, on-line sports or financial betting, including non-monetary dares or odds related info. Lottery ads are exempted.
Violence – pictures or text exposing cruelty, physical, or emotional acts against any person or animal which are primarily intended to hurt or inflict pain.
Intolerance – pictures or text advocating prejudice or discrimination against any race, color, national origin, religion, disability or handicap, gender, or sexual orientation including any intolerant jokes or slurs.
Militant or extremist – pictures or text advocating extremely aggressive and combative behaviors, or advocacy of unlawful political measures; “how to” information on weapons making, ammunition making or the making or use of pyrotechnics materials; use of weapons for unlawful reasons.
Profanity or vulgarity- obscene words, phrases, and profanity; pictures or descriptive text of anyone or any thing which are crudely vulgar or grossly deficient in civility or behavior or which show scatological impropriety. Included such depictions as maiming, bloody figures, or indecent depiction of bodily functions.
Nudity – pictures exposing any or all portions of the human genitalia; pictures exposing the female breast or full exposure of either male or female buttocks. Advertisement may include swimsuits.
Sexual acts – pictures or text exposing anyone or anything involved in explicit sexual acts and or lewd and lascivious behavior, including masturbation, copulation, pedophilia, intimacy involving nude or partially nude people in heterosexual, bisexual, lesbian or homosexual encounters. We will not accept phone sex ads, dating services, and adult personals, CD-ROM’s and videos.
Cult – content, pictures, or text advocating devil worship, an affinity for evil, or wickedness; advertisements must not contain advocacy to join a cult (a closed society that is headed by a single individual, or group of individuals, where loyalty is demanded and leaving is punishable.)
Competitive – pictures or text with promotions or other mentions for direct competitors of Answer Addiction or its parent companies.
Advertorials – consumer health articles provided by companies who advertise on the site.
Please note that commenting on Answer Addiction articles is pre-moderated. This means that your comment will be held until a moderator approves or declines it.
We want to make sure that Answer Addiction is a safe place for authors, commenters and readers. While all opinions and ideas are welcome, Answer Addiction is not a forum for attacks or hostility. All opinions and ideas are welcome. We will not pre-moderate or delete comments because of the theoretical positions expressed. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are rude, hostile, threatening or otherwise inappropriate.
Your comment should appear immediately. If it does not, it may be because:
It contains one of our blacklisted words;
You have an unverified email address;
Your comment contains a link.
In each of the above situations, the comment goes into the “pending” category and will be reviewed by a moderator and either approved or deleted.
After your comment is published, another commenter may “flag” your comment for review. This also places the comment in a queue for us to review, although it does not remove it from the site. Please do not “flag” comments just because you do not like the commenter or the content of the comment. A good reason to flag a comment is if it breaks one of the below rules.
Reasons your comment may be deleted:
Personal attacks including posting of personal information about another commenter and references to commenting activity on other sites;
Personal attacks including posting of personal information about the writer or person the story is about;
Excessive irrelevant or off topic conversation, especially if it is hostile;
Links which are irrelevant, promotional, and/or advertising something;
Excessive argumentative or disruptive commenting behavior;
We may update this list at any time.
While we try very hard never to ban anyone, it does happen occasionally. If the objectionable behavior is consistent or excessive, we will ban you.
It is at the discretion of the moderator and/or editor whether or not to delete a comment and whether to ban a commenter. The moderator or editor may also decide to close comments on a particular thread at any time. Usually this will happen if the discussion on a particular article has become too off-topic or too hostile.
Answer Addiction welcomes comments that add to our understanding of the complexity of addiction—perhaps the most significant and tragic public health issue of our time. Our understanding of the complexities of addiction and mental health problems is still in its early stages, and no single model of etiology or treatment yet holds true in a necessary and sufficient way. So by definition almost all ideas about addiction and mental health will be valid for, at best, some people. Answer Addiction does not hold to any particular theoretical position about the cause of addiction or the best way to respond to it. The feature articles, as well as the comments section, are designed as forums for the open expression of opinion and ideas, and as a vehicle for professional dialog. Comments in this section are pre-moderated which means your comment will be held until a moderator approves it.
We never publish comments that include personal attacks on authors or other commenters. When crafting a comment for this feature, please operate from the assumption that even those you vehemently disagree with are acting in good faith, and that they should be able to express their positions without becoming the target of ad hominem personal attacks on their character or their motivation. Please do not cheapen your argument (and prevent your comment from appearing) by including gratuitous negative comments about the author or other commenters or entities. A well-considered argument or observation stands alone and need not rely on the disparagement of others for emphasis.
Answer Addiction commenting rules are subject to change at any time.
If you feel that we engage in censorship or otherwise find this comment policy objectionable, please go elsewhere to comment. We hope to foster an informative, engaging and educational discussion for all readers.
About Rehab Reviews
AnswerAddiction.com’s unique Rehab Reviews page answers a difficult and important question: Where can you go to learn about what it’s like at the rehab center you are considering for yourself or a loved one?
To create our Rehab Reviews, we typically invite selected centers to solicit former clients to complete a detailed, 20-question survey. AnswerAddiction.com generally seeks to have five completed surveys (whether oral or written) before a review is generated. The surveys include questions about accommodations, meals, residents, staff, activities, and more (although the questions may change). Survey alumni respond to us anonymously and confidentially, and our reviews are written based on their responses and follow-up questions where applicable. We may occasionally reach out to a surveyed alumni by phone or email if we have questions about their surveys or need more information.
The resulting Rehab Review is highly detailed, delving not only into the intricacies of daily life, but also into the specific types of treatment offered. For each of the above metrics – accommodations, food, and treatment – we then rate each center on a five-star scale, based largely on the surveyed alumni’s chosen star ratings and comments. The overall rating for the particular center being reviewed is created based on the three component star ratings, client comments, and other information obtained through the survey process. We may also consult other publicly available information when evaluating each center and creating the review, or gather information in addition to or in lieu of a written survey.
We do not independently verify alumni status. When we use the word “alumni” on this site, we are referring to (1) someone who completed a survey for that center, (2) someone who spoke with our writers and credibly said (s)he was alumni, or (3) someone who we otherwise have reason to believe was an alumni of the reviewed center. We do not claim that what an alumni told us was necessarily true—we are simply reporting what those alumni told us. And we reserve the right to, at any time, change our Rehab Review methods without notice or explanation.
The quality and type of treatment available for substance addiction is a matter of public concern. Therefore, it is our policy that we will not remove Rehab Reviews at the request of the subject of the review (except, as noted below, for reviews written before October 25, 2013). If a published Rehab Review has incorrect factual information, however, we ask that someone from the facility please notify us via email at [email protected].
Note: Reviews completed before October 25th, 2013 were completed under prior editorial control. Some reviews and star ratings may have been completed at different times and under different criteria. We continue to publish those reviews as a public service, but will take down any such review if a center so requests.
Our Luxury Rehab Reviews are based on publicly available information that is synthesised and reported for our reader’s convenience and information. AnswerAddiction.com has several categories that we generally cover in our Luxury Rehab Reviews: an introduction and basic services (location, founders, primary service), facility and meals (capacity, environment, type of food served), treatment protocol (length of stay or treatment, types and amount of therapy, 12-step environment, resources for co-occurring disorders, family program, aftercare), treatment team, (credentials, staff-to-client ratio), insurance coverage and any added bonuses (experiential therapies, off-site excursions, holistic modalities). The reviews in the Luxury Rehab Reviews section are strictly informational and do not offer any opinion or editorialising regarding the merits of the rehab; they are listings that highlight the fundamental offerings and operation of each treatment facility.
We gather most of our information from a rehab’s website and other online resources. We may also call or email a representative from the facility to collect additional information. If a published Luxury Review has incorrect information for any reason, we ask that someone from the facility please notify us via email at [email protected]. We do not take corrections over the phone.